Tuesday, April 1, 2008

How Awesome Is Jack Pendarvis

My coworker just waved an advance copy of the upcoming Jack Pendarvis book, Awesome, in my face.

Huh.

So, uh………where’s my copy?

No, I don’t think you understand. Where’s my copy?!

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!

mine………minE………miNE………mINE………MINE!!!

Jack Pendarvis is so funny and such a good read that I’m considering; just considering mind you, punching and kicking said coworker until he agrees to hand over *his* copy. I don’t want to feel this way, but damn it, I do. Even the dulcet tones of Nick Drake playing on my iTunes can’t stop this jealous rage. See what you’ve driven me to, Pendarvis?! Joe’s a good guy, and he doesn’t deserve a beatin’ just on account of my urge to read your latest book months before it comes out.

Do the right thing, Pendarvis. Send me a galley*. Please. Remember, if it weren’t for me, you would never have known about the Metal Men series*2.

* Industry bigwig talk meaning advance copy of a book before it is published. Fancy, no? *2 Hinting at a prior correspondence serves to bolster this writer’s reputation as a hobnobber with literary types.

No comments: